Monday, January 2, 2017

9 months out 9 months to go!

Ya' ta' hey!
This week flew by but at the same time it seems like Christmas was forever ago! This week has been a little bit crazy, but a good one!

Tuesday we found a new less active to teach named Manuel and he is #golden! He really wants to get back into it all. He has a little less knowledge of the gospel than most less-actives and so in some ways he's kinda like an investigator. I also sent my Shima (mom, also known as my trainer) home Tuesday! :( at least I got to work with her one last time that day!

We've been working with a less-active named Sam and we thought about dropping her, but she finally decided that she does actually want to turn her life around. She has started dressing modestly and stopped her word of wisdom issues. We were quite surprised to be honest because the last time we saw her she had no desire. She knew that she shouldn't be doing those things but she just didn't want to give it up. Now she is willing too! :)
We also have been working with Craig (also a #golden less-active.) He has been coming to church lately and is reading his scriptures every day and praying both morning and night (sometimes he forgets at night, but he has been doing it more than usual!). He Cracks me up too! He is so stinking funny!

Antonio is doing sooo well! I can't believe his Baptism is already almost here! I can hardly believe it's January of 2017! 

Jeff is doing extremely well! I am sooo proud of that kid! He didn't come to church yesterday though because his truck was giving him problems. He texted us yesterday to tell us and if you knew Jeff before, he wouldn't have bothered to tell us why he wasn't at church. He should be coming to Family Home Evening tonight though!

New Years we had tons of fun! We had to be in by 6 so the sister's that live right next to us came over and we played a bunch of games and just had a blast over all! We played Swedish Twister which got quite tangled and a little awkward at times, but it was a lot of fun!

We had our last lesson with Daniel (he's no longer a recent convert!) it was a bitter sweet moment! I love that kid! He cracks me up too! Our lesson was on "Mormon Terminology" and so we made a little matching game for it and then at the end (kinda as a joke) we committed him to use one of the terms in a pick-up line. He came up with one right then and there! That kid is so cleaver with words! The term he chose to use was "the Fall" (our definition was "the event by which men became mortal") his pick-up line was: "Are you Mortal? because I'd fall for you!" hahaha! 

We also got Transfer news on New Year's Eve! Unfortunately Sister Ford is leaving and heading off to Cortez! :(
On the bright side, my new companion is Sister Thompson (the New Zealand sister that I got to work with for a day)!!! I was pleasantly surprised! I never would have guessed that I'd be with her (she's like the only missionary that is from somewhere else other than the states or Tonga)! 

I love you all! Have a Fabulous week!
Hagonee!
Sister Brown

Good Bye to Sister Cardon my Trainer, she is going home!

New Years Eve Fun!

Swedish Twister!

No comments:

Post a Comment