Tuesday, April 26, 2016

On my way to New Mexico





On Monday I woke up at 2:30am and got ready to get on a train to ride to the airport. 
I got to call home and talk with my family while waiting for my flight. I fly to Denver and then to Durango from there we are driven to Farmington. I will stay the night at the Mission home.  Tuesday I will be assigned my companion and area. Mondays will be my Preparation day so I will not be able to email until next Monday.

Sister Brown at the Airport after talking to her family.
I had an eye opener when I was ask to think and answer some questions  in my journal about the things I have learned in the last few weeks.  I realized I have grown a lot in my testimony and understanding of the Gospel a lot more then I realized. I now understand that my job as a missionary is to invite and help others come unto Christ.

I had a neat experience with Domonic our investigator. I really felt the love that God has for him. It was an amazing feeling.

Sundays at the MTC are not much different then other days but a little.  We get to walk around the temple grounds in the morning for a half an hour which I really enjoy doing. Then we go to Relief Society, have a district meeting and then lunch.  After that we have Sacrament meeting and a few other things.

I didn't have that much more of  responsibilities as a sister trainer leader which is the Equal to a Zone leader.  I got to carry around a phone which I never used. And I checked in with the other sisters in the other district to see how they were doing.

Now my journey begins. My mission President and his wife are wonderful. I am excited and a little anxious to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment