Monday, September 4, 2017

Cleanest car award and canning peaches!

Ya'ta'hey!
We had a great week! We started off the week by seeing Judy Martin and Scott Cox. They are some of my favorite people (although let's be real...I have too many favorites to really have a favorite). Judy is struggling a little but will hopefully keep progressing. Scott is progressing in his own ways, but we hope to really understand what some of his goals are after our lesson with him tonight, so that we can know how best to help him. 

We got to see Rhonda on Tuesday and she had her daughter KaCee over too. We were able to talk to them both about the plan of salvation and challenge them to set a date by which they will work towards to go to the temple! Rhonda has really grown since I've been here and it's been incredible to see the change in her.

We had Zone Conference on Wednesday and it was really good! I was able to receive some guidance and inspiration as to how to improve myself and my missionary work! The spirit was very strong and I couldn't help but tear up a little...as the departing missionaries bore their testimonies I realized that the next time we have Zone Conference, it will be me up there giving my departing testimony and I couldn't help but be sad for the moment that I have to leave this wonderful mission and all the people that I have grown to love so much! 

Our companionship tied for first place for the cleanest car! These are pendents with the four corner states on them.


Sister Darlington and Sister Brown with their companions tied for first place for the cleanest car.

My Zone taken August 30, 2017

Sister Brown and Sister Austin who she is training.

Thursday we had interviews with president Adams and I can't help but feel so much love for that man! He is so inspired and I know that he has been called by God to lead this mission! I know that it has to be exhausting leading a mission but President and Sister Adams are so dedicated to helping each individual missionary in their own progression as well as their areas, that I am so grateful for their devotion and strength!

Friday, we were able to help the Stepp's can peaches, I enjoyed it! We were also able to see the Bells this week and I have so much love for that family! They are all so incredibly strong and even in the face of trial's they still seem to find happiness in the gospel and in the little moments of life.


Saturday we had an interesting encounter with an intoxicated couple...I'm just going to leave it at that for now. 

Sunday we had such a spiritual sacrament meeting! We got a new bishopric and Bishop Smith is now our bishop with Brother Jorgenson (our used to be Ward Mission Leader) as his 1st counselor and Brother Snyder as his 2nd counselor. They are all fairly young and quite missionary minded so I am so excited to work with them! Bishop Cook will be missed though! He is such a great man and has a heart of gold!

This morning I ran 5 miles straight! I was exhausted by the end but It felt so good to have accomplished that! You can do anything that you put your mind to! Satan will try and stop you from reaching your potential but I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that you can do all things! God's power is stronger than Satan's as long as you choose to rely on him!

I love you all and hope you have such an amazing week!
Hagoonee!
love,
Sister Brown

Sister Brown, Sister Austin, Sister Anderson

Celebrating wining the cleanest car competition with Jacque Cook












No comments:

Post a Comment