Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Powerful Testimony!

Ya'ta'hey!
We had a great week! Just a few High-lights:
It was Stake Conference this week and WOW, it was incredible! Elder Larkin of the 70 came and he made the meeting so powerful! So very filled with the spirit! I am still on cloud 9 from it! A less-active family who are becoming more active (the Mom is now basically active and relying on Heavenly Father more than ever!) came to stake conference and I guess Sister Adam's talk (our mission president's wife) really spoke to her! She realized that she needs to have us in her home once a week to help strengthen her family as they are going though some challenges right now! She came up to us right after Stake Conference and said "Would you be able to come teach my family and I once a week!?" We were like "of course!!! :)" and we had a very powerful lesson with them yesterday! We each had the opportunity to bear pure, strong, powerful testimony and it really seemed to help! She texted us later on after the lesson and talked to us about some of the miracles she saw from us coming over that evening!

Another testimony building experience we had was when Sister Anderson was on exchanges in 1st ward and it was just Sister Austin and I for the day. I had the feeling that we should go see an investigator of ours so we started walking that direction...well we have some recent converts that live on the way so we thought we'd try to see them too on our way over. They weren't home, but because we tried them it put us on a different road than we would have been on which gave us the opportunity to meet a man who was painting the outside of his house. He didn't become a new investigator but he's had a lot of death in his family and he's stopped believing in Jesus Christ because of it. His heart didn't seemed hardened, but rather he seemed to have a tone of sadness. I felt so much love for this man that I had just met and was able to bear powerful, sincere testimony right from the heart about eternal families and the strengthening power that comes through Jesus Christ as you rely on him. I also was able to bear powerful testimony about the Book of Mormon and the peace and comfort that comes from reading it's pages! He seemed taken a-back by it and really touched! Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways! We never even got to see the investigator that came to my mind (he wasn't home), but Heavenly Father placed us in that man's path and I don't know if he will get baptized or even start taking the lessons, but I know we were lead right to him for a reason and if nothing else I was strengthened by the experience! 

I know with all of my heart and soul that this gospel is true! I know that the Book of Mormon is true...it is one of my most cherished possessions and I testify of the peace and comfort that comes from reading its pages! I know that my Savior lives and that he loves me and every single one of us! I testify of the power of prayer and the power of the temple.

Thank you for your prayers and support! I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Hagoonee!
love,
Sister Brown
Me and Sister Darlington


Making fry bread

Me, Sister Anderson, Sister Austin





























We received a care package

Sister Garner came back for a visit after her mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment