Monday, September 18, 2017

Past challenges are the fertilizer for our growth!


Ya'ta'hey,
Training is going well...sometimes I feel like I'm learning more that Sister Austin is and its humbling. 

Some highlights from this week:
We had a meeting with Bishop on Wednesday night and discussed some things that we can do to get the ward more involved. We have some pretty great ideas, now all we need to do is put them into action!

Scott came to church for all 3 hours yesterday!!! And he has another meeting with the bishop this week! :)
We've been making cookies at night after we get in and are delivering them to active members to show our appreciation, then we ask for referrals and share a thought, song or prayer and we've actually gotten some referrals! We are really focusing on getting the ward more involved in all that we do, and it's only going to pick up from here! :)

I am so grateful that I get to be here in Cortez 4th Ward for my last transfer! The people here are incredible and so loving! 

I know that this gospel is true! I know that Challenges are a part of life so that we can learn and grow and change...if we didn't have challenges we would never become anything special. One lady that we talked to this week said: "The past challenges, and mistakes don't have to define you, they can be used as the fertilizer for your growth!" I really know that to be true, I would not be the person that I am today if it wasn't for my past and current challenges! We are given the opportunity to rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ in times of trial and can begin to fully reach our divine potential if we choose to rely on Him! I love you all and you are in my prayers always!

I hope you all have such a wonderful week!

Hagoonee!
love,
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment