Monday, September 11, 2017

Unforeseen opportunities to serve!

Ya'ta'hey!
I love scripture study! It's the best! I love being able to tell others about the gospel and How important the Book of Mormon truly is!

This week has been a little crazy! Sister Anderson went home on Wednesday! It was really sad to have to say good-bye to her! Good news though: Sister Austin and I are staying together for my last transfer!

Monday we saw Scott and he decided that he wants to work towards getting re-baptized and he finally set up an appointment to meet with the bishop! 

Tuesday we had many opportunities to serve (Which is really neat because I've been keeping a prayer journal where I write down the things I want to pray for that morning and then record that night how I've seen my prayer answered and one thing that I've been praying for is unforeseen opportunities to serve...and I've really seen that happen!) 

Wednesday we met with some less-actives named Brooke and Tanner that night and it seemed to get a little contentious because he asked questions in a way as if to test us or to try to challenge our faith and testimonies...But we just bore testimony and I was grateful for the opportunity to stand up for all that I know to be true with a conviction unlike any other! We will be meeting with them again this week and hopefully it will go better! 

Thursday we had a very powerful district meeting and I felt such an immense love for my savior and the gospel! He didn't just suffer for us as a whole but quite individually! 
We also got to pick green beans again for the Steeles and they gave us some too!

Friday night we were able to meet with the young men's president and discuss some ways to help a non-member who came to seminary 3 times this past week! He only stayed for the whole thing once, but still!!!

Bishop Smith is on fire! We had ward council with him yesterday for the 1st time and He is so incredibly missionary minded, We are so excited to be able to work with him! We have a meeting set up this Wednesday to discuss some more too!

A less-active named Daeshawn also called us up yesterday and said she wanted to come to church...so she did! And so many of the things that were talked about spoke directly to her! 
We saw the Bells for a lesson yesterday and little Payton made some really good sushi for us for dinner too! We love their family!

I've determined to make this the most enjoyable, fun, and hard-working transfer yet! Satan is so real right now, but I know that God's power is greater than anything and that I can fight against all opposition with the Lords help! 

I love you all have such a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Brown

Sister Austin, Sister Brown, Sister Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment