Monday, May 22, 2017

I seriously just Love the Sabbath!

Ya' ta' hey!
This week was great!!! I seriously am growing to love Cortez soooooooo much! We had exchanges this week and I got to take over the area a couple times because of it!

Monday we had dinner with the Brown's and they let us feed their chickens after and it reminded me of old times :)

Tuesday we had exchanges and our Sister Trainer Leader (Sister Millard) came to Cortez for the day while my companion went to Kirtland (New Mexico). We had a good exchange with an appointment every single hour!!! We saw one of my favorite people...Doris! She prayed in front of us again!!! We also saw Rhonda (a less-active). We watched "The Healing Ointment of Forgiveness" with her! The lesson went really well and I truly felt Heavenly Father's love for her!

Wednesday we were back in our normal companionship and got to go to community connections as we always do on Wednesdays! We also saw Robert Venegas and he ended up coming to church on Sunday!!! We saw Jerry and Marty that night too and Marty (his non-member wife) participated a-lot in the lesson!!! Like more than usual!...and we were reading out of the Book of Mormon with them! 

Thursday we had a fabulous district meeting. The spirit was very strong! We also found a new investigator named Deva! She is about 13 or 14 and soooooo prepared! She wants to draw closer to Christ and loved the "Prince of Peace" video that we shared with her! We also saw the Bells (a Less Active family) later that evening.

Friday we had weekly planning and then exchanges after. We didn't end up seeing anyone that day for lessons but we still had some good work done. 

Saturday all of our lessons fell through as I took over the Area for the day, but we got to meet some pretty great people because of it! The weather was beautiful too so we did a lot of walking! We saw Ken that night for a brief lesson then met with the Elders at the Senior couple's house so that we could plan how we were going to teach mission prep the next day (because they have us tag team it). 

Sunday was a fabulous day!!! I seriously just LOVE the Sabbath! I felt so filled with the spirit after church! We have some pretty elect youth that gave talks yesterday! We saw Brother Venegas after church along with a recent convert (Catrina) who's been going through a little bit of a rough time. We then taught mission preparation that night.

I got a hair cut today, well more like a trim and my layers re-done, but I love it! It's been a wonderful day so far and I hope that y'all are having a wonderful time too!

I love you all have a wonderful week!

Hagoonee!
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment