Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Transferred to the Farmington YSA ward!

Ya at' eeh! (I finally know how to actually spell it! lol)
Everyone here speaks English...in fact some of them don't know Navajo...its a dying language which is so sad! I am learning a few words for fun!

In "our commission" (something we recite every morning along with our purpose) states:
"My authority is above that of kings of the Earth!..." 
I had a really cool insight in studies this week (It's not necessarily doctrine though) but I was reading in Mosiah chapter 15 I think and I was jumping back and forth from other scriptures because of where the footnotes led me and one of the scriptures said "he bore the sins of many..." and I was like...well he suffered for everyone so why does it say many? I then thought about what the word "bare" means and what I came up with was (to suffer with joy). Christ suffered for everyone; however, knowing the sins that some people would not repent of made it difficult or even impossible for him to suffer it with joy, because he knew that it was "pointless" suffering. When he suffered for the sins of those who do repent, he was able to have joy during his suffering knowing that it was worth it!

Anyway, I am being transferred to the Farmington YSA ward with Sister Ford! I look forward to it and it is going to be a blast; however, I will miss St. Mikes more than I thought I would! It's incredible how much love you can have for people just within 2 weeks! I love the Natives! A lot of them are in the humblest of circumstances! 

This past week has been a week of miracles! As you know we set a challenge for ourselves of placing 100 Book of Mormons this week! We actually only got to 60 but I have truly seen the Lord's hand in this work! He placed so many people in our path that I don't know if we would have met, if we hadn't taken the challenge!

One incredible experience I had this week was when we were tracting and we met a man named Roland and his brother Jay. Roland is in such a humble state right now and expressed to us that he had been thinking about ending his life! I testified of Heavenly Father's love for him and as I did so, I had this overwhelming love for him. I have never loved someone so quickly in my life! I have been praying for him every night since then! I have cried on his behalf! He is soooo ready for this gospel and I know that it will change his life! I wish I could tell you more, but I simply don't have the time!

Love you all!
Hagonee
Sister Brown

Here are a few pictures from last week
Sister Brown, Sister Cardon,and Sister Ledford

Teaching Hello kitty, Sister Ledford and Me


Prego Sisters Haha!

Tarantula

No comments:

Post a Comment