Monday, April 3, 2017

I Met some incredible families!

Ya' ta' hey!
This week has been a pretty big adjustment to be honest! It is so different from being in the Young Single Adults and it's been a little hard to leave everyone that I love. I have met some pretty incredible families here that I already absolutely love! The Jorgenson's are one and I just feel at home when we're with them. We watched two of the sessions of General conference with them. We watched another session with the Cook's who are the ones that threw me a little party for my Birthday my first day here in Cortez. 

Monday Night and most of Tuesday (when I was still in Farmington) I got to work with Sister Ford again! She went home on Wednesday! It was great to see her again and to catch up on everything! Tuesday I had the honors of being able to teach Cassie as well as Mike one last time! I can't remember if I told you or not, but Cassie is Engaged! The wedding is on July 15th! Mike is doing so much better and I continue to pray for him every night!

Tuesday night I got my new Companion Sister Garner and she is wonderful! I love her already!
Wednesday Was basically my first day here in Cortez and as you know from the video and picture the Cooks bought me and Ice-cream cake and fed us dinner! 

We are teaching this lady named Dorris who has Alzheimer's, so the lessons are pretty interesting with her. She always starts out by saying she's never going to join, but then by the end of the lesson her heart has been softened and she says she might be ready for baptism. It's like the movie 50 first dates....except its 50 first lessons. We're thinking we'll get her a notebook that she can write her thoughts and feelings in after the lessons and as she studies the Book of Mormon. We hope that it will help. She's the sweetest lady and its almost more of a service visit, it wouldn't feel right to drop her, so we keep coming over. 

We got a family of 3 new investigators yesterday by using the Easter initiative #PrinceofPeace....Which if you haven't seen yet, you need to watch it! It's sooooooo good!!! 

General Conference was INCREDIBLE!!!! Every talk was soooooooo good! I learned so much and I certainly have a lot to work on until the next general conference! I loved Elder Holland's talk and Elder Rasbands was a really good one for me to hear...haha a little bit of a rebuke but, very much needed!

Colorado is a lot more like Montana then any other part of the mission. It has Mountains and green grass!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Brown


My 21st birthday at the home of the Cook's in Colorado.

Me and Sister Garner my new companion




























No comments:

Post a Comment